Biggest problem with British abroad? They have a tendency to forgetting where they left their passports. Fair enough I am certain that many countries target British nationals abroad so they can grab their passport. I am told that a stolen EU passport has value on the black market, so be very careful where you take out your passport while on holiday or as an expatriate.
These are the stats for British abroad which pains an interesting picture considering the countries. Note that this is stats from the last 4 years.
- Overall there was a 10% increase in reported rape cases from the previous year
- The highest number of sexual assaults occurred in Egypt (24) followed by Turkey (23)
- Spain holds the highest number of Brits (1909) then USA (1305) and Thailand (204)
- The USA detained the highest number of Brits for drugs offenses (147) followed by Spain (141) and Jamaica (65)
- 1755 British nationals died in Spain, followed by France (778) and Germany (366)
Brits are most likely to be hospitalised in Greece (494 cases) followed by Thailand and the Philippines being mostly expats and not Brits on holiday
- Spain has the highest number of Britons hospitalised (1105 cases). 302 of these cases occurred in Majorca and 239 in Ibiza. Over the last 2 years Majorca has seen a 132% increase in hospitalisations (since 2009/2010) and Ibiza has seen a 40% increase over the same period.
British Expatriates & Holiday Makers,
Incoming search terms:
- briiritish embassy madrid registering birth
- 800 000 brits usa
- registering a birth in copenhagen british expats
- number of expats per country
- mombasa expat
- let british embassy know i am abroad
- let british embassy know expats
- i am an expat should i register with the british embassy
- british expatriates
- british abroad
- stats on british on spanish holidays