The cost of obtaining a British passport for those British nationals overseas has been reduced by 35%. Personally I don’t understand with all the changes that have made when applying for a passport in order to save costs, then reduce the fees. Personally I would prefer they kept the cost the same and made the process more convenient as it was before.
James Brokenshire, Immigration and Security Minister, has announced that from 7th April the passport fee for customers applying for a UK passport from overseas will be reduced by £45 for adults and £28.50 for children.
The new fees are:
- Adult 32 page passport £83.00
- Child 32 page passport £53.00
- Jumbo 48 page passport £91.00 (Adult / Child / Veteran)
The 35% decrease in passport fees is the result of efficiency savings made over the last three years by bringing back the processing and issuing of overseas passports to the UK. The only problem is that now it is like pulling teeth. So for the 4 million Brits overseas – fees reduction all round.
Incoming search terms:
- british embassy passport fees
- uk passport fees Jumbo
- uk overseas passports
- overseas passport fees
- overseas british passport fees
- overseas british passport application fees
- Fees for UK passport renewal overseas
- cost of renewal of british passport
- British passport fees
- british passport application fees
- www british-consulate org/renew-british-passport html