Dependent Relative Visa
The dependent relative visa UK is further explained below. Ensure that you complete the forms correctly so you don’t get a visa denial from them and then have to apply for an appeal.
A Dependent Relative Visa is a type of visa that allows a close family member who is dependent on an eligible person to live in the same country as that person. This type of visa is offered by several countries, including Australia, the UK, and New Zealand.
You would qualify for admission to the UK for settlement if you fall within one of the following categories of relatives for this visa:
- Parent aged 18 years or over; or
- Grandparent; or
- Brother or sister aged 18 years or over; or
- Son or daughter aged 18 years or over.
Firstly remember that this is a dependent visa which means the person who is applying needs to do this from outside of the United Kingdom and they need to be dependent on you. Finally the conditions are:
- The application is based on age, illness or disability they require long-term personal care;
- They are unable to obtain the required level of care in the country where they are living;
- Likewise they are located outside the United Kingdom when making an application;
- They have not fallen or refused under the General grounds of refusal;
- They will not accept public funds.