Civil Partner Visa

British ConsulateThe Civil Partner Visa are for same-sex couples who wish to live in the UK. It is almost like a marriage visa for the UK but for gay couples. If you are a gay couple wanting to register a civil partnership and live in the United kingdom then this is the visa for you. The visa is also similar to the UK partner visa.

UK Visa

Civil Partner Visa Requirements

These are the requirements for a gay couple to live in the UK. you will need to show:

  • That you and your same-sex partner are at least 18 years old; and
  • That you and your same-sex partner have both met in person;
  • That you and your same-sex partner are committed to the relationship; and
  • That the relationship is monogamous; and
  • That both of you intend to live together in the UK permanently.

As the visa applicant in this case you will need to prove that you are a civil partner of:

  • a person who is present and settled in the United Kingdom, or
  • a person who will arrive with you to be admitted for settlement.

Note the following about your duration of stay. The civil partner visa is initially issued for a period of only 33 months (from overseas) or 30 months in length if you are applying from within the UK. A further extension must be sought for an additional 30 months to take you to 5 years.


Incoming search terms:

error: Content is protected !!