UK Student Visa

British Consulate

Looking to study in the UK requires a UK student visa. The university or college becomes the sponsor for the visa. The primary issue is that you have to obtain a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) from the university or college as well as proof of funding for the visa. This will be needed before a British Embassy issues you with a student visa.

UK Student Visa

Note that the student visa does not apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain and British Naturalisation unless you have been lawfully resident in the UK for a period of 10 years. If you are looking at staying in the UK after you have complete your studies then you have to look at other options available to you. Depending on what you are studying in the UK and the type of course you can also apply for a dependent visa for your wife or children so they can live in the UK with you while you study.

UK Visa

UK Student Visa

Depending on what you are going to study will determine how many hours you can work a week part-time:

  • A course at NQF 6 or QCF 6 or SCQF 9 or above with a sponsor who is a Recognised Body or a UK HEI, or you are undertaking a short-term study abroad, you can work for up to 20 hours per week part-time during term time.
  • A course at NQF 3/4/5 or QCF 3/4/5 or SCQF 6/7/8 level, with a sponsor who is a UK HEI, degree programme at an overseas Recognised Body or HEI, you can work for up to 10 hours per week part-time during term time.


See also the indefinite leave to remain UK as well as the UK Dependent Visa and the UK visa application. This outside the UK Ancestry Visa and UK Work Permit as well.



Incoming search terms:

error: Content is protected !!