15 November 2017: Due to the uncertain political situation in Harare, including reports of unusual military activity, the Foreign & Commonwealth Office recommend British nationals currently in Harare to remain safely at home or in their accommodation until the situation becomes clearer. You can contact the British High Commission in Zimbabwe for consular assistance and monitor the latest news for any updates.
The Express says that Zimbabwe has experienced a coup and that the wife of the president is now in Namibia. The latest news is that gunshots and explosions have been heard in the capital as former vice present Emmerson Mnangagwa has taken over. What is know is that a Zimbabwe coup has removed President Robert Mugabe, 93, from power and that his wife, Grace, is reportedly now in Namibia. The Zanu PF party is now in power and have taken over the national broadcaster, ZBC and the paper The Herald.
Monitor your television for further updates.
Simon Thomas, Acting Ambassador to Zimbabwe in Harare on 22 November:
It is a huge privilege to be here in Zimbabwe at this historic moment and I got to see for myself last night the amazing outpouring of emotion on the streets of Harare.
Incoming search terms:
- british high commission uk
- british consulate travel advice
- british high commission in usa
- British high comission
- british embassy advice
- british high commission turkey
- how to be adviser in embassy
- british embassy hawaii
- british embassy advice about traveling to china to work on the wrong visa
- british embassy travel queries
- british embassey any free advice for abroard
- mugging risk brisbane australia british embassy
- british embass uk travel advise
- british high commission usa
- british consulate travel
- RENEWAL OF BRITISH PASSPORT FROM ZIMBABWE
- i need to send my passport to the british high commission