If you are married to a foreign national or married to a British citizen then the UK spouse visa is what you need to settle in the UK. If you want to bring her back to the UK then there are a number of requirements which would need to be met. The following is the basics with the forms needed to apply for this UK marriage visa.
You must show that:
- you and your partner are both aged 18 or over at the date of application;
- your partner is not related to you in a way that means you could not marry in UK law;
- you and your partner have met in person;
- your relationship with your partner is genuine and subsisting;
- if you are married or in a civil partnership, your marriage or civil partnership is valid in UK law;
- you meet the suitability requirements;
- any previous relationship has permanently broken down;
- you and your partner intend to live together permanently in the UK;
- you meet the financial requirement;
- you meet the English language requirement.
- are a national of a majority English-speaking country; or
- have passed an English language test approved by us at the appropriate level; or
- hold a degree that was taught in English and is equivalent to a UK bachelor’s degree or above.
- 2 recent passport photographs and your passport
- evidence of your age and your partner’s age
- your marriage or civil partnership certificate
- evidence that you were both free to marry or enter your civil partnership
- evidence that you have met
- evidence of your English language ability
- evidence that you meet the financial requirement.
You must have an income of at least £18,600. If you are sponsoring a child as well as a partner you will need an income of at least £22,400. For each additional child being sponsored you will need an additional income of £2,400. For example, if you are you are bringing 2 children with you to the United Kingdom, you must have and income of £22,400 and £2,400 for the additional child, so a total of £24,800.
Incoming search terms: