UK Spouse Visa

British ConsulateThese are the conditions for the UK Spouse Visa. In conclusion, if you are married to a foreign national or married to a British citizen then the UK spouse visa is what you need to settle in the UK. If you want to bring her back to the UK then there are a number of requirements which would need to be met. The following is the basics with the forms needed to apply for this UK marriage visa.

UK Spouse Visa

Firstly you will first need to register you marriage in the country you are in. This starts with a letter of affirmation also called a letter of no impediment or ‘freedom to marry’ letter. This comes from the British Embassy or Consulate on the country where you are located. Once the marriage is registered locally and then certified and translated.

You can then apply for the spouse visa for the UK. This marriage certificates will then need to be submitted for your marriage visa for the UK. Finally see the example of the Marriage in Thailand Affirmation letter

also on this website. See also the Immigration Law Changes on this website.

You must show that:

  • in addition, you and your partner are both aged 18 or over at the date of application;
  • your partner is not related to you in a way that means you could not marry in UK law;
  • in addition, you and your partner have met in person;
  • your relationship with your partner is genuine and subsisting;
  • if you are married or in a civil partnership, your marriage or civil partnership is valid in UK law;
  • you meet the suitability requirements;
  • any previous relationship has permanently broken down;
  • you and your partner intend to live together permanently in the UK;
  • in addition, you meet the financial requirement;
  • you meet the English language requirement.

Language Requirements:

  • are a national of a majority English-speaking country; or
  • have passed an English language test approved by us at the appropriate level; or
  • hold a degree that was taught in English and is equivalent to a UK bachelor’s degree or above.

Documents Needed:

  • 2 recent passport photographs and your passport
  • evidence of your age and your partner’s age
  • your marriage or civil partnership certificate
  • evidence that you were both free to marry or enter your civil partnership
  • in addition, evidence that you have met
  • evidence of your English language ability
  • in addition, evidence that you meet the financial requirement.

Financial Requirements:

After that, you must have an income of at least £18,600. If you are sponsoring a child as well as a partner you will need an income of at least £22,400. in conclusion, for each additional child being sponsored you will need an additional income of £2,400. In other words, for example, if you are you are bringing 2 children with you to the United Kingdom, you must have and income of £22,400 and £2,400 for the additional child, so a total of £24,800.

See also : Expats Returning Home & UK Spouse Visa Fees





Incoming search terms:

error: Content is protected !!