Documents needed for BNO

These are the documents needed for BNO. When you submit your application, it is crucial to provide a valid passport or any other travel document that verifies your identity and nationality. If you are a British national (overseas), you have the option to utilize a current or expired BNO passport (or a photocopy) as proof of your BNO status during the application process. See also the British National Overseas visa on here.

Documents needed for BNO

However, if you no longer possess a BNO passport, you can still proceed with the application. The Home Office will verify your status, but it may take longer to receive a decision on your application.

It is important to note that a BNO passport is not a requirement for traveling to the UK. Any valid passport or travel document will suffice. In addition to the passport requirement, you will need to provide certain evidence:

Firstly, evidence that you have a permanent home in Hong Kong, the UK, Channel Islands, or Isle of Man.

Secondly, evidence of having sufficient financial resources to support yourself and your family.

Thirdly, evidence of your relationship with your family members.

Lastly, if you have not previously provided it upon arrival in the UK, you will need to present a tuberculosis (TB) test certificate.

Certified translations must be provided for any documents that are not in English.

If you are applying as the adult child of a British national (overseas), aged 18 or older (and born on or after 1 July 1997), you must also demonstrate that one of your parents holds BNO status. To fulfill this requirement, you will need to provide your parent’s current or expired passport (or a photocopy) and a birth or adoption certificate that establishes your relationship. If your parent does not possess a BNO passport or you are unable to obtain the details, you should include their full name and date of birth in your application. The Home Office will then verify your parent’s BNO status. See the documents needed for BNO further on.

Proof of Permanent Address

Regarding proof of your permanent home address, you must supply up to 3 documents that display your permanent residence. Examples of acceptable documents include household or utility bills, a visa, residence permit, or other immigration documents (or their color photocopies), payslips or your most recent P60, bank statements, a letter from an employer confirming your employment, records of rent or mortgage payments, an appointment letter from your GP or healthcare professional, and a letter from the local council or a government entity. If your family members (dependants) share the same permanent home address as you, they will need to provide evidence unless they are your partner or child under 18 or if they are applying after you have already relocated to the UK.

Financial Requirements

To satisfy the requirement of having sufficient financial resources to support yourself and your family, you generally need to demonstrate that you possess enough funds to cover your expenses for 6 months in the UK. However, if you have been living in the UK for at least 12 months, this requirement may not apply. If you have been in the UK for 12 months or more on a Youth Mobility Scheme visa, you still need to demonstrate financial capability.

This includes providing evidence such as bank or savings account statements. Likewise payslips, proof of income from self-employment or rental property. Also a letter from friends or family with supporting evidence (such as bank statements or payslips) showing their ability to support you and your family. Also a letter confirming an offer of accommodation from friends or family, and a tenancy or mortgage agreement. At least one piece of evidence must be dated no more than 31 days before submitting your application. It is important to note that an offer of work does not typically count as evidence. This unless you are transferring to a job in the UK with your current employer.

If your family members are also applying, they will need to provide evidence of their relationship with you. This can include a copy of a marriage or civil partnership certificate. Likewise a birth certificate or adoption certificate for children, and evidence that their permanent home address matches yours.

TB Test

Regarding the need for a TB test certificate, whether you require one depends on your application location:

If you are applying from outside the UK and have resided in Hong Kong or another country. This where a TB test is mandatory for the past 6 months. You must provide a TB certificate for your visa application. If you are already in the UK and have previously submitted a TB certificate for your entry. There is no need to provide one again.

However, if you entered the UK from Hong Kong. This or another country where a TB test is required and did not present a TB certificate upon arrival, you must provide one to remain in the UK.

Obtaining a TB test certificate may not be immediate. If you choose to apply for your visa without a certificate. There is a risk that your application may be processed before you receive the certificate. To avoid this, it is advisable to wait until you have the certificate before submitting your visa application. The certificate must not be older than 6 months at the time of applying for your visa.

When obtaining a TB test certificate. It must be from an approved test center, either abroad (in any country where the test is required) or in the UK. Likewise see the BNO visa free countries as well as the BNO renewal in Hong Kong.



Incoming search terms:

error: Content is protected !!