If you are in Singapore and need the services of the British High Commission in Singapore then see what type of assistance they can offer you. Over the last 4 years many of the services have been removed and they will now only do a limited amount of services compared to before. Notarial services was one of the first services they started to minimise.
In Singapore for legal reasons the British High Commission cannot provide notarial services, witness signatures or declarations, certify British passports or UK educational certificates, administer oaths or take affidavits in a Commonwealth country (Singapore). You should contact a local notary in Singapore.
Services they provide in Singapore
They can prepare a document in English and legalise a document originating in Singapore. This is most common with such documents relating to marriage, such as affirmations or affidavits of marital status when getting married abroad. Note that you will have to ensure that you have the correct fees based in Singaporean currency or by Visa/MasterCard. You also need to bring proof of identity such as a national ID card or passport.
Legalise a document
Documents originating in Singapore (example; statutory declaration, certificate of origin, power of attorney, school certificate, birth certificate, contract etc) may have to be legalised by the Consular Division at the Singapore Ministry of Foreign Affairs before they can be accepted overseas. Once this document has been legalised by the local Singaporean authority only then can you take it to the British High Commission in Singapore for verification. The High Commission does not authenticate the document but only verifies that the Singapore government verification is authentic.
Incoming search terms:
- education certificate
- notorisation of passport singapore
- notary service
- british embassy in singapore sighting documents
- copy UK birth certificate
- certify true copy
- british legalise notary certificate
- verify document
- Notarial Services in Hong Kong (0.964)
- Zimbabwe : Notarial and Documentary Services (0.882)
- Thailand: Notarial and Documentary Services (0.882)
- List of Lawyers in Thailand (0.882)
- Australia: Notarial and Documentary Services (0.882)
- List of Lawyers in Australia (0.882)
- British Embassy in Afganistan (0.118)