How to get married in Cambodia you may ask? See the process to obtain your Cambodia marriage certificate after your wedding. Much like getting married in Thailand, the process for getting married in Cambodia is very similar. The process has been added below so you can find it easy to follow and register your marriage in Cambodia most likely in Phnom Penh the Capital city of Cambodia. You can find the contact details for the British Embassy in Cambodia elsewhere on this website.
How to get married in Cambodia
While in Cambodia you will need to contact the local district office also called the ‘Sangkat’ as well as the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to find out which documents are need to register your marriage in Cambodia. The rules and laws do change at at one point they would not register marriages with foreigners in Cambodia. You will need an affirmation to get married and you will need to make an appointment with the British Embassy in Phnom Penh online. You can do this here.
Note that you will need to have your passport and an original decree of divorce or death certificate. This if you are divorced our your spouse has died. These need to be original documents as photocopies are not allowed. Also note that your Cambodian fiancee many also need a letter of affirmation from the local authority. Note also that your Cambodia wife can apply to become a British citizen once she has lived in the UK for 3 years. Also note that your Cambodian wife will need a TB test in Cambodia if you are going to take her back to the United Kingdom. See below how to get married in Cambodia and the Cambodian rules. See the Cambodia marriage certificate process.
Cambodian Government Requirements:
- Be under 50 years of age, and
- Have a monthly income of at least US $2,500
Note that once you are married the Embassy will require proof that the marriage is real. With the Yellow Paper which has been issued by the Cambodian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Marriage Certificate. You are now officially married, but you need a ceremony with pictures (for Visa purposes). You will need to have proof of marriage (marriage certificate in Cambodia) such as the certificate as well as marriage photos.
Incoming search terms:
- getting married in cambodia
- what paper work do l need for the british embassy in cambodia to get marry
- affirmation to marry cambodia
- cambodia marriage age
- can foreigners get married in cambodia
- Can foreigners marry in Cambodia?
- can i go with my wedding certificate to obtain a visa in Cambodia
- Foreigners get married in Cambodia
- how to get marrage in Cambodia
- marrige for foreigers in cambodia
- proof of marriage in cambodia
- what paper work do l need for the canada embassy in cambodia to get marry