If you are getting married in Vietnam then you will need certain documents for the government. The process is a bit more complicated than in Cambodia or Thailand. Below are the documents that would be need to register your marriage to a Vietnamese. You can also contact the British Embassy in Vietnam for more assistance with your marriage registration. Once your marriage is registered you can then apply for a UK Marriage visa or UK Partner visa. Note that Vietnam now allows same-sex marriages.
Marriage in Vietnam
You will need to complete the application form for the marriage registration.
The application document also needs a “Single Status” affirmation from the British government.
3. Certificate of No-Marriage Records
This has to be issued by the British Government certifying that no marriage license or marriage record of the applicant has been found from his/her mature age of marriage (age of 18 for female and 20 for male) or since his/her divorce up to the present or since his/her spouse’ death up to present.
This also has to be issued by an authorized medical institution, confirming that the applicant has no mental illnesses, or mentally sound for marriage, and is fully conscious of his/her own actions. This is normally done by a hospital.
This contains all your basic information which needs to be submitted.
6. Certified photocopy of the Information pages of the Passport
You will need to provide copies of all your passport pages.
7. Divorced and Widowed Applicants:
– Divorcees are required to submit an Authenticated Judgement of Divorce (Notarised/Certified and Authenticated by the UK Government);
– Widows are to submit a Authenticated Copy of the Death Certificate of his/her deceased spouse (Notarised/Certified and Authenticated by the UK Government)
Note that if you are taking your Vietnamese wife back to the United Kingdom then you will also need to apply for an appropriate visa as well as submit a TB test from Vietnam for your Vietnamese wife or fiancee.
Incoming search terms:
- vietnamese marriage in thailand
- marriage records in vietnam
- uk citizen getting married in vietnam
- do many uk citizens marry vietnamese
- vietnam marriage visa
- uk marriage to vietnamese uk
- uk citizen marry in vietnam
- registering a marriage uk
- register marriage from abroad
- marriage with vietnamese uk consulate
- marriage in vietnam
- how to register my marriiage abroad uk
- are vietnamese marriages recognised in the uk
- Register Marriage in Angola : British Nationals (0.813)
- Register Marriage in Antigua and Barbuda : British Nationals (0.813)
- Marriage in Thailand - Affirmation (0.813)
- Marriage in Cambodia - Affirmation (0.813)
- TB testing in Hong Kong (0.187)
- Current wait times for UK visa - Thailand (0.187)
- Current wait times for UK visa – Hong Kong (0.187)