UK visa in Hong Kong

British Consulate

If you are wanting to visit or settle in the UK then you would need to contact the Visa Centre in Hong Kong to make your visa application for the UK while in Hong Kong. This can be found online as is shown below.

UK visa in Hong Kong

The online visa application would be for the following people:

  • holders of BN(O) passports
  • holders of Hong Kong SAR or Macau SAR passports
  • holders of Hong Kong SAR or Macau SAR travel documents
  • those who are legally resident in Hong Kong or Macau
  • visa applications from Macau residents

Note the address in Hong Kong listed below. The British Embassy in Hong Kong does not manage these issues. Note also the visa types and what is needed for a BNO passport holder. Note that if you are going to the UK for more than 6 months you will need a TB test in Hong Kong.

BNO Holder

Tourist Visa : Tourism, including visiting friends or family (No visa needed)

Business Visa : Work, academic visit or business (Visa needed)

Study Visa : Study in the UK (Visa needed if longer than 6 months)

Fiancee Visa : Getting married to your fiancee (Visa needed)

Spouse Visa : Joining your spouse in the UK (Visa needed)


UK Visa Application Centre
Unit 1502, 15F, 77 Leighton Road, Leighton Centre
Causeway Bay, Hong Kong

Application submission
Monday to Friday
08:00 – 15:00 (by appointment only)

Document collection
Monday to Friday:
08:00 – 15:00



Incoming search terms:

error: Content is protected !!