The British Consulate in Hong Kong can provide a range of notarial and documentary services for British nationals in Hong Kong and Macao. Note however that they will not provide the service where others can provide it. See the list of Notaries in Hong Kong listed below.
Note that you must make an appointment with the Consulate for each service needed and also that your personal attendance is required.
Notary Services provided in Hong Kong
Consular staff in Hong Kong can:
- administer an oath, affirmation or affidavit
- witness a signature
- make a certified copy of a document
- unite documents
- prepare a document in English
- prepare a certificate of signature
- prepare a letter for the Hong Kong Police regarding a Certificate of No Criminal Conviction
Please note however that under Hong Kong Law (Section 10 of the Consular Relations Ordinance), that the consular staff in Hong Kong are not permitted to undertake notarial acts for use in Hong Kong.
What to bring to your appointment
- Payment in Cash, Visa/Mastercard or EPS (local currency)
- Proof of name and address (Passport + Utility bill)
Notarial Services cost (March 2016)
|Preparing a standard certificate||2(i)||£50||$590|
|Administering an oath / affidavit / statutory declaration / marking exhibits||4||£50||$590|
|Witnessing a signature||5||£25||$290|
|Certifying a copy of a document||6||£25||$290|
Administer an oath, affirmation or affidavit
This service provided by the Consulate is for people who need to swear an oath or to make an affirmation or to make an affidavit in front of a consular officer. Note however that the British Consulate in Hong Kong will not draft the affidavit for you. Email the Consulate to check what format they need and then have the document drawn up. Note again that you need to make an appointment. You need to have the following:
- The oath itself, affirmation or affidavit that you will swear or affirm
- The correct fee (Cash, Visa/Mastercard or EPS ) local currency
- Proof of identity/address
- Also the evidence of the contents mentioned in the oath
Witness a signature
This service provided is for people who need to sign a document and have their signature witnessed by a consular officer in Hong Kong. The documents needs to be prepared before your appointment as they will not draft any of these documents for you. Note also that they do not handle wills or probate, or witness deed polls.
Make a certified copy of a document
This service is for people who need certified photocopies of their British passport, Home Office registration/naturalisation certificates, UK educational documents (Those issued in the UK by a recognised institution). The Consulate will not certify any other documents other than those listed above.
Hong Kong Certificate of No Criminal Conviction
The Consulate can provide introduction letters for production at the Hong Kong Police for a Certificate of No Criminal Conviction (CNCC) only if the CNCC is to be used in the UK and that you have evidence of this (eg a letter from the UK University personally addressed to you in the name shown on your passport).
Passport Numbers change upon renewal
Please note the consulate can no longer issue letters confirming the change of passport numbers upon renewal.
Nationality – Confirmation of British Nationality
Please note the consulate can no longer issue letters confirming British nationality.
Life Certificates for UK State Pensions
Please note the consulate can no longer witness Life Certificates for the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP).
Incoming search terms:
- UK consultate in HK notary services
- how to sign up with british embassy in hong kong
- britsih consulate hong kong notary public
- notaroal hong kong
- Passport office
- https://www british-consulate org/notarial-services-in-hong-kong html
- hong kong uk notary
- hong kong embassy notary
- certifying documents Hong Kong UK consulate
- certify passport hong kong
- certificate of no criminal conviction
- can hong kong police certify copies
- British Consulate passport notary public
- british consulate hong kong signature certification
- british consulate hong kong certifying passport
- Notarial Services in Singapore (1.000)
- Zimbabwe : Notarial and Documentary Services (0.915)
- Thailand: Notarial and Documentary Services (0.915)
- List of Lawyers in Thailand (0.915)
- Australia: Notarial and Documentary Services (0.915)
- List of Lawyers in Australia (0.915)
- British Embassy in Afganistan (0.085)