British Embassy in Kiribati

British ConsulateNote that if you need consular assistance then you will need to contact the emergency numbers below if you have a medical emergency that requires assistance from the British High Commission. Kiribati does not have a British Embassy and you will need to contact the British High Commission in Fiji for assistance.

Urgent assistance:

If you are in Kiribati and you urgently need consular assistance (eg if you’ve been attacked, arrested or there has been a death), call +679 3304766 being the 24-hour helpline number.


If you need a new passport then you need to apply for the passport online. You can also track the passport process online, see here. If you lost your passport while on holiday and need an emergency passport then you can email or call the British High Commission in Fiji for assistance and a temporary passport.

Birth Abroad:

If you wish to register a British national born abroad then this needs to be done by post. You need to download the forms and post it to the UK. See the process for registered a child born abroad here.

Visa Applications:

You will need to apply online as the British High Commission does not deal with this. You can see the process here. You can apply for a visitors visa, student visa, marriage visa or an educational visa.


The British High Commission does not issue certificates of no impediment in Fiji.


Incoming search terms:

error: Content is protected !!