TB tests for UK visa applicants
The following countries require the TB test so contact the British Embassy or British consulate in the country for more details about the test and your visa application.
Undoubtedly, tuberculosis (TB) tests are an essential component of the UK visa application process. Particularly for applicants from certain countries. Firstly, it is important to note that the list of countries whose citizens require a TB test can be found on the UK government’s website. Therefore, if you are from one of these countries, you must obtain a certificate from an approved clinic to confirm that you have undergone a TB test.
Secondly, the process for obtaining a TB test varies depending on the country you are applying from. You can see the list of these countries listed below. Consequently, you will need to find an approved clinic in your country and book an appointment for the test. Furthermore, the clinic will provide you with comprehensive instructions on what to bring to the appointment and how to prepare for the test.
It is also critical to note that the TB test certificate is only valid for a certain period of time. As a result, before submitting your visa application, it is essential to check the expiry date on your certificate. If your certificate has expired, you will need to obtain a new TB test and obtain a new certificate.
Overall, the inclusion of a diverse range of transition words and phrases can significantly enhance the coherency and clarity of information when discussing TB tests for UK visa applicants. Henceforth, following the instructions carefully and obtaining the necessary certificate before submitting your application is vital to ensure a successful visa application.
- Benin (get tested in Nigeria)
- Burkina Faso (get tested in Ghana)
- Burundi (get tested in Rwanda)
- Additionally Cape Verde (gets tested in Gambia or Senegal)
- Likewise Central African Republic (gets tested in Cameroon)
- Additionally Chad (gets tested in Cameroon)
- Additionally Congo (gets tested in Democratic Republic of Congo)
- Likewise Côte d’Ivoire (gets tested in Ghana)
- Likewise East Timor (gets tested in Indonesia)
- Additionally Equatorial Guinea (gets tested in Ghana)
- Likewise Eritrea (gets tested in Kenya)
- Additionally Gabon (gets tested in Cameroon)
- Likewise Guinea (gets tested in Sierra Leone)
- Additionally Guinea Bissau (gets tested in Gambia or Senegal)
- Hong Kong
- Additionally Kiribati (gets tested in Fiji)
- Likewise Kyrgyzstan (gets tested in Kazakhstan)
- Additionally Laos (gets tested in Thailand)
- Likewise Lesotho (gets tested in South Africa)
- Liberia (get tested in Ghana)
- Macau (get tested in Hong Kong)
- Additionally Mali (gets tested in Gambia or Senegal)
- Likewise Marshall Islands (gets tested in Fiji)
- Additionally Mauritania (gets tested in Morocco)
- Likewise Micronesia (gets tested in Fiji)
- Additionally Palau (gets tested in Philippines)
- Papua New Guinea
- Additionally São Tomé and Principe (gets tested in Angola)
- Sierra Leone
- Additionally Solomon Islands (gets tested in Papua New Guinea)
- Additionally Somalia (gets tested in Kenya)
- South Africa
- South Korea
- South Sudan (get tested in Kenya)
- Sri Lanka
- Swaziland (get tested in South Africa)
- Additionally Togo (gets tested in Ghana)
- Additionally Tuvalu (gets tested in Fiji)
- Additionally Vanuatu (gets tested in Fiji)
You won’t need a TB test if any of the following apply:
- If you are a diplomat accredited to the UK
- Additionally if you are a returning UK resident and haven’t been away for more than 2 years
- If you lived for at least 6 months in a country where TB screening is not required by the UK, and you’ve been away from that country for no more than 6 months. See also the TB Test in Cambodia and TB testing in Hong Kong as well. These are the TB tests for UK visa applicants country list.